A TeachBar Tutor:
- Smart and selfless + Highly personable and motivational + Impact and results-oriented
- An unwavering belief in one’s ability to learn + Ability to see and relate to the individual
If this is you – please read on to see if your are a good fit.
TeachBar wants all of its students to thrive and do well in school, college, career, and other life pursuits. TeachBar tutors are the face of the company inspiring, reinforcing and instilling the belief in our students that they can accomplish their academic pursuits. Our tutors offer private, semi-private, or small group tutoring. Tutoring takes place at the store with possibilities for in-home or at-school sessions.
Work-hours: Part-time position occurring late afternoon through evening.
- Facilitate the academic progress of students
- Maintain a customer-first mindset to provide effective instruction
- Exude confidence and enthusiasm to contribute to the positive learning environment
- Lead parent discussions on their children's progress
- Track and record student performance and progress
- Participate in ongoing training
- Commit to continuous subject matter competence and skill development
- Perform administrative tasks as necessary
- Previous experience working with students; classroom experience a plus
- At least a junior or senior in College with a 3.0 GPA or higher and a declared major
- Subject matter competence with a multitude of strategies to explain challenging concepts
- Effective communication and relationship building skills with students, parents and staff
- Available to work weekday afternoons, evenings and/or weekends
- Access to reliable transportation
- Positive role model
- Legally authorized to work in the US
To apply: Please send your resume and a brief explanation of why you want to work at the TeachBar to JLIB_HTML_CLOAKING .
TeachBar is an Equal Opportunity Employer.